Terms of Service
Adopted: June 15, 2020
In order to use the Interface, you must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
1. you are of legal age in the jurisdiction in which you reside and you have legal capacity to enter into the Terms and be bound by them;
2. if you accept the Terms on behalf of a legal entity, you must have the legal authority to accept the Terms on that entity’s behalf, in which case “you” (except as used in this paragraph) will mean that entity;
3. you are not a resident, national or agent of Antigua and Barbuda, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Belarus, Burundi, Myanmar (Burma), Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Crimea and Sevastopol, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Liberia, Nepal, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Zimbabwe or any other country to which the United States, the United Kingdom or the European Union embargoes goods or imposes similar sanctions (collectively, “Restricted Territories”); (ii) you are not a member of any sanctions list or equivalent maintained by the United States government, the United Kingdom government, by the European Union or the United Nations (collectively, “Sanctions Lists Persons”); or (iii) you do not intend to transact with any Restricted Territories or Sanctions List Persons;
4. you are not a Restricted Person;
5. you are not a resident of, reside in, a citizen of, incorporated in, or have a registered office the Republic of China; and
6. your use of the Interface is not prohibited by and does not otherwise violate, assist you in the violation of any applicable laws or regulations, or contribute to or facilitate any illegal activity.
We reserve the right to disable access to the Interface at any time in the event of any breach of the Terms, including without limitation, if we reasonably believe that you, at any time, fail to satisfy the eligibility requirements set forth in the Terms. Further, we reserve the right to limit or restrict access to the Interface by any person or entity, or within any geographic area or legal jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you for any losses or damages you may suffer as a result of or in connection with the Interface being inaccessible to you at any time or for any reason.
1. We own all intellectual property and other rights in the Interface and its contents, including, but not limited to, software, text, images, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, patents, and designs. Unless expressly authorized by us, you may not copy, modify, adapt, rent, license, sell, publish, distribute, or otherwise permit any third party to access or use the Interface or any of its contents. Accessing or using the Interface does not constitute a grant to you of any proprietary intellectual property or other rights in the Interface or its contents.
2. You will retain ownership of all intellectual property and other rights in any information and materials you submit through the Interface. However, by uploading such information or materials, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, copy, distribute, publish and send this data in any manner in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
3. You may choose to submit comments, bug reports, ideas or other feedback about the Interface, including, without limitation, about how to improve the Interface (collectively, “Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you agree that we are free to use such Feedback at our discretion and without additional compensation to you, and to disclose such Feedback to third parties (whether on a non-confidential basis, or otherwise). If necessary under applicable law, then you hereby grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide license under all rights necessary for us to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purpose.
4. If you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements in the Terms and that your access to and use of the Interface complies with the Terms, you hereby are granted a single, personal, limited license to access and use the Interface. This license is non- exclusive, non-transferable, and freely revocable by us at any time without notice or cause. Use of the Interface for any purpose not expressly permitted by the Terms is strictly prohibited.
You agree not to engage in, or attempt to engage in, any of the following categories of prohibited activity in relation to your access or use of the Interface:
1. Activity that breaches the Terms;
2. Activity that infringes on or violates any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, right of publicity, right of privacy, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights under the law.
3. Activity that seeks to interfere with or compromise the integrity, security, or proper functioning of any computer, server, network, personal device, or other information technology system, including, but not limited to, the deployment of viruses and denial of service attacks.
4. Activity that seeks to defraud us or any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, providing any false, inaccurate, or misleading information in order to unlawfully obtain the property of another.
5. Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation concerning the integrity of trading markets, including, but not limited to, the manipulative tactics commonly known as spoofing and wash trading.
6. Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation of the United States or another relevant jurisdiction, including, but not limited to, the restrictions and regulatory requirements imposed by U.S. law.
7. Activity that disguises or interferes in any way with the IP address of the computer you are using to access or use the Interface or that otherwise prevents us from correctly identifying the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Interface.
8. Activity that transmits, exchanges, or is otherwise supported by the direct or indirect proceeds of criminal or fraudulent activity.
1. All information provided in connection with your access and use of the Interface is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any action based on any information contained in the Interface or any other information that we make available at any time, including, without limitation, blog posts, articles, links to third-party content, news feeds, tutorials, tweets and videos. Before you make any financial, legal, or other decisions involving the Interface, you should seek independent professional advice from an individual who is licensed and qualified in the area for which such advice would be appropriate.
2. The Terms are not intended to, and do not, create or impose any fiduciary duties on us. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you acknowledge and agree that we owe no fiduciary duties or liabilities to you or any other party, and that to the extent any such duties or liabilities may exist at law or in equity, those duties and liabilities are hereby irrevocably disclaimed, waived, and eliminated. You further agree that the only duties and obligations that we owe you are those set out expressly in the Terms.
The Interface is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim any representations and warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge and agree that your access and use of the Interface is at your own risk. We do not represent or warrant that access to the Interface will be continuous, uninterrupted, timely, or secure; that the information contained in the Interface will be accurate, reliable, complete, or current; or that the Interface will be free from errors, defects, viruses, or other harmful elements. No advice, information, or statement that we make should be treated as creating any warranty concerning the Interface. We do not endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any advertisements, offers, or statements made by third parties concerning the Interface.
The Interface may not be available or appropriate for use in all jurisdictions. By accessing or using the Interface, you agree that you are solely and entirely responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations that may apply to you. You further agree that we have no obligation to inform you of any potential liabilities or violations of law or regulation that may arise in connection with your access and use of the Interface and that we are not liable in any respect for any failure by you to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
By accessing and using the Interface, you represent that you understand (a) the inherent risks associated with products made available through the Protocol, and (b) the inherent risks associated with using cryptographic and blockchain-based systems. You further represent that you have a working knowledge of the usage and intricacies of blockchain-based digital assets, including, without limitation, ERC-20 token standard available on the Ethereum blockchain. You further understand that the markets for these blockchain-based digital assets are highly volatile due to factors that include, but are not limited to, adoption, speculation, technology, security, and regulation. You acknowledge that the cost and speed of transacting with blockchain-based systems, such as Ethereum, are variable and may increase or decrease, respectively, drastically at any time. You hereby acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any of these variables or risks associated with the Protocol and cannot be held liable for any resulting losses that you experience while accessing or using the Interface. Accordingly, you understand and agree to assume full responsibility for all of the risks of accessing and using the Interface to interact with the Protocol.
The Interface may contain references or links to third-party resources, including, but not limited to, information, materials, products, or services, that we do not own or control. In addition, third parties may offer promotions related to your access and use of the Interface. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such resources or promotions. If you access any such resources or participate in any such promotions, you do so at your own risk, and you understand that the Terms do not apply to your dealings or relationships with any third parties. You expressly relieve us of any and all liability arising from your use of any such resources or participation in any such promotions.
You expressly agree that you assume all risks in connection with your access and use of the Interface. You further expressly waive and release us from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, or damages arising from or in any way relating to your access and use of the Interface.
You agree to hold harmless, release, defend, and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries from and against all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from: (a) your access and use of the Interface; (b) your violation of the Terms, the rights of any third party, or any other applicable law, rule, or regulation; and (c) any other party’s access and use of the Interface with your assistance or using any device or account that you own or control.
Under no circumstances shall we or any of our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable to you for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible property, arising out of or relating to any access or use of the Interface, nor will we be responsible for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from hacking, tampering, or other unauthorized access or use of the Interface or the information contained within it. We assume no liability or responsibility for any: (a) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (b) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from any access or use of the Interface; (c) unauthorized access or use of any secure server or database in our control, or the use of any information or data stored therein; (d) interruption or cessation of function related to the Interface; (e) bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Interface; (f) errors or omissions in, or loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of, any content made available through the Interface; and (g) the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party. Under no circumstances shall we or any of our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable to you for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses, or costs in an amount exceeding the amount you paid to us in exchange for access to and use of the Interface, or $100.00, whichever is lesser. This limitation of liability applies regardless of whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, and even if we have been advised of the possibility of such liability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of certain liabilities and damages. Accordingly, some of the disclaimers and limitations set forth in the Terms may not apply to you. This limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We will use our best efforts to resolve any potential disputes through informal, good faith negotiations. If a potential dispute arises, you must contact us by sending an email to [email protected] so that we can attempt to resolve it without resorting to formal dispute resolution. If we are not able to reach an informal resolution within sixty days of your email, then you and we both agree to resolve the potential dispute according to the process set forth below. Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the Interface, the Terms, or any other acts or omissions for which you may contend that we are liable, including (but not limited to) any claim or controversy as to arbitrability (“Dispute”), shall be decided solely and exclusively by binding arbitration in the State of Delaware., administered by JAMS. Such arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the then prevailing JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, with the following exceptions to such rules if in conflict: (a) one arbitrator shall be chosen by JAMS; (b) each party to the arbitration will pay an equal share of the expenses and fees of the arbitrator, together with other expenses of the arbitration incurred or approved by the arbitrator; and (c) arbitration may proceed in the absence of any party if written notice (pursuant to JAMS’ rules and regulations) of the proceedings has been given to such party. The parties agree to abide by all decisions and awards rendered in such proceedings. Such decisions and awards rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and conclusive. All such controversies, claims or disputes shall be decided in this manner in lieu of any action at law or equity. IF FOR ANY REASON THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE BECOMES NOT APPLICABLE, THEN EACH PARTY (A) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY AS TO ANY ISSUE RELATING HERETO IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SAFE OR ANY OTHER MATTERS INVOLVING THE PARTIES AND (B) SUBMITS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE FEDERAL OR DISTRICT COURTS LOCATED IN THE STATE OF DELAWARE., AND EACH PARTY AGREES NOT TO INSTITUTE ANY SUCH ACTION OR PROCEEDING IN ANY OTHER COURT IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally waives any objection that it may now or hereafter have to the laying of venue of any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Safe in the courts referred to in this Section 13.
You must bring any and all Disputes against us in your individual capacity and not as a plaintiff in or member of any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding. This provision applies to class arbitration. You and we both agree to waive the right to demand a trial by jury.
You agree that the laws of the state of Delaware, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, govern the Terms and any Dispute between you and us.
We shall not be liable for delays, failure in performance or interruption of service which result directly or indirectly from any cause or condition beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, significant market volatility, any delay or failure due to any act of God, act of civil or military authorities, act of terrorists, civil disturbance, war, strike or other labor dispute, fire, interruption in telecommunications or Internet services or network provider services, failure of equipment and/or software, other catastrophe or any other occurrence which is beyond our reasonable control and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.