SAIL is the governance token of AdmiralDAO.
DAO members are empowered to submit and vote on governance proposals in order to make changes to products overseen by the DAO (like Clipper), SAIL-related initiatives, allocation of community Treasury funds, or the governance framework itself. Proposal topics might cover (but are not limited to) items such as:
- Protocol upgrades (new features, security enhancements, performance optimizations)
- Clipper LP fee structure modification
- Deploying Clipper on new chains
- Additions or adjustments to SAIL farming incentives
- Changes to SAIL supply cap
- Changes to governance process timelines or structure
SAIL is earned through yield farming on Clipper. Farming is the best way to obtain SAIL and doesn't require any purchase of tokens.
SAIL farming simply entails staking liquidity in the SAIL farming pool on Clipper, letting your rewards grow, and then harvesting your SAIL tokens. Staked liquidity can be in the form of ETH, BTC, USDC, or other stablecoins and blue-chip tokens. Being a SAIL holder enables you to actively participate in community governance. The more SAIL you hold, the greater your on-chain voting power.